Friday, June 18, 2010

So it starts today...

Welcome to my new journey. Although I will not reveal the 3 keys yet, I will share why the sudden change. In the middle of the season (whoops in bball terms that means January) my mom sent me an email. I had no idea of the relevance until in May I found out my yearly contract was up and the job would be posted. After being told I would have to reapply for the job and to think about what I wanted to do, I went home and decided I was not happy there. Hard to conceive being that everyone told me being a collegiate coach was a dream job. Maybe I heard it so much I just assumed it was my dream. Well we will save the progression for another day. Any way this email ended up allowing me to clear my head and quiet the noise. Maybe it will do the same for you. I have no idea who the author is, but I thank them tremendously as well as my mother, who always seems to give me exactly what I need.

CLEANING HOUSE 2010 


Last Week I threw out worrying, it was getting old and in the way. It kept me from being me; I couldn't do things God's way.

I threw out a book on MY PAST
(Didn't have time to read it anyway).

Replaced it with NEW GOALS, started reading it today.

I threw out hate and bad memories,
(Remember how I treasured them so)?

Got me a NEW PHILOSOPHY too, threw out the one from long ago.

Brought in some new books too, called I CAN, I WILL, and I MUST.

Threw out I might, I think and I ought.
WOW, you should have seen the dust.

I ran across an OLD FRIEND, I hadn't talked to in a while.

His name is GOD the Father, and I really like His style.

He helped me to do some cleaning and added some things Himself.
Like PRAYER, HOPE, FAITH and LOVE,
Yes... I placed them right on the shelf.

I picked up this special thing and placed it at the front door.
I FOUND IT- it's called PEACE.. Nothing gets me down anymore.

Yes, I've got my house looking nice.

Looks good around the place.

For things like Worry and Trouble there just isn't any space.

It's good to do a little house cleaning,
Get rid of the things on the shelf.

It sure makes things brighter; maybe you should TRY IT YOURSELF.
BE BLESSED AND BE A BLESSING TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!! 
May the Lord open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing that
You will not have room enough to receive it all.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Good luck on this journey.. physical and spiritual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you on taking this journey. I started mine over a year ago, with the integrious project, www.integriousproject.com, and it has certainly been a rewarding path.

    Best of luck :)
    Beau

    ReplyDelete